fingerlakespermaculture - June 23: DIY Solar Cooker Build Class from Ithaca Freeskool

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: sharetompkins AT lists.aktivix.org, Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, TC-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, anarcha ithacans <anarchaithacans AT lists.aktivix.org>, fingerlakesef AT aktivix.org
  • Subject: June 23: DIY Solar Cooker Build Class from Ithaca Freeskool
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:53:17 -0400

DIY Solar Cooker Build
Ithaca Freeskool Class

FREE!

Saturday, June 23, 2-4pm
Shira and Ari's place
1885 Hanshaw Road, Ithaca, NY 14850

RSVP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/383433071716567

Want to cook with solar power but don’t have the cash to buy one of those spiffy solar ovens? Come to this hands-on workshop to learn how to build a solar cooker using recycled materials. We’ll make one together and you can make your own if you bring materials.

Shawn Reeves of EnergyTeachers.org has generously volunteered to come to our place to guide us through the process.

Materials:
- very large boxes (at least 2 feet in each direction)
- roasting bags
- a small, dark pot with a lid
- aluminum foil
- box-cutters
- an oven mitt
- sunglasses
- your favorite glue with a brush.

Shawn will bring extra boxes, roasting bags, foil, brushes, glue, thermometers, and a thermal camera, but please bring any materials you can if you want to be sure to go home with a finished cooker!

We may work outside, depending on the weather, so please bring sunscreen and/or hats if it's sunny.

Ithaca Freeskool: http://ithacafreeskool.wordpress.com
Shirari Industries: http://shirari.com

  • June 23: DIY Solar Cooker Build Class from Ithaca Freeskool, Shira Golding, 06/19/2012