fingerlakespermaculture - Bioregional Mapping workshops: Ithaca, 6/12, 7/10, 8/14

  • From: Adrian Williams <adrianleverkuhn AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Bioregional Mapping workshops: Ithaca, 6/12, 7/10, 8/14
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:04:55 -0700 (PDT)

Introduction to Bioregional Mapping -- free workshop series

Dates and Time: Tuesdays, June 12, July 10, August 14.  6:00 – 8:00 pm.

Location: in Ithaca, RSVP for details and directions.

Grassroots Ecological Consulting, an Ithaca-based organization that advocates for resilient communities (natural and human), is offering a series of three workshops on bioregional mapping this summer.  In collaboration with Ithaca Freeskool, these hands-on workshops are free—but space is limited, so register now.

What do we call home, and why?  The bioregion has long been a useful concept to understand what Doug Aberley calls “the boundaries of home.”  With the burgeoning locavore movement and the coming changes promised by Peak Oil, the idea of bioregionalism has never been more relevant.

In these three workshops we will explore bioregionalism as a concept and tool, consider the boundaries of our bioregion, and put pencil to paper to craft maps of our home.

No cartographic or artistic skills required!  Come learn just how simple and powerful map-making can be.

To register or for more information write to mail AT grassrootsecological.org or visit www.grassrootsecological.org.

  • Bioregional Mapping workshops: Ithaca, 6/12, 7/10, 8/14, Adrian Williams, 05/29/2012