fingerlakespermaculture - 12/7: "Empowered" Encore Screening with "Women Power" Panel

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, TC-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, fcna-ithaca digest subscribers <fcna-ithaca AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: 12/7: "Empowered" Encore Screening with "Women Power" Panel
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 15:02:29 -0500

"Empowered: Power from the People"
Encore Community Screening

Wednesday, December 7, 7-9pm
Cinemapolis, 120 E. Green St., Ithaca, NY
Tickets are $10, $8 for IGBA members

Tompkins County, NY is one of the cloudiest, least windy places in the country, and yet its residents are proving that we can meet our energy needs through totally renewable resources. From solar and wind to veggie oil and geothermal, "Empowered" tells the story of one community's role in the energy independence revolution.

Join us for an encore Ithaca screening featuring tabling by local sustainability groups and renewable energy installers. Since our community sneak peek screening at the end of September, we have refined the film and added lots of animations so even you've seen it, there's lot's of new stuff to check out!

The screening will be followed by a special "Women Power" panel discussion including director Shira Golding Evergreen and some of the local innovators featured in the film - Gay Nicholson of Sustainable Tompkins, McKenzie Jones Rounds of Ithaca Biodiesel, Gwendolyn Barr of Weaver Wind Energy, Annie Koreman of Sierra Club Finger Lakes Group and Lexie Hain of Enfield Energy and Snug Planet!

This event is co-presented by Finger Lakes Bioneers, Ithaca Green Building Alliance, Sierra Club Finger Lakes Group and Sustainable Tompkins.

The screening kicks off a NY state tour co-sponsored by Finger Lakes Bioneers and Sierra Club Finger Lakes Group.

"Empowered" is an independent feature-length documentary directed by Shira Golding Evergreen and produced by Suzanne McMannis.

Learn more and empower yourself at:
http://empoweredthemovie.com

RSVP on Swidjit:
http://swidjit.com/ithaca/events/empowered-encore-community-screening

RSVP on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176256552468777

  • 12/7: "Empowered" Encore Screening with "Women Power" Panel, Shira Golding, 12/03/2011