fingerlakespermaculture - Valet Bike Parking at the Ithaca Festival

  • From: Andy Goodell <geekguyandy AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Valet Bike Parking at the Ithaca Festival
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:00:59 -0400

Hi all,

The Ithaca Festival is coming up soon on June 2 - 5! For the past several years, there has been valet bike parking available, and literally hundreds of people bike to the festival. In a nutshell, valet bike parking is a volunteer run part of the festival, which offers secure bike parking for Sunday June 5th at Stewart Park. There is a fenced in area where we set up rows of bike racks, and move bikes in and out as people come and go throughout the day.

Last year, volunteers graciously parked over 100 bikes of all varieties, including mountain bikes, city bikes, road racers, family tandems with trail-a-bikes, folding bikes, kid trailers, and even an electric-assist xtracycle or two. We had a fun time chatting about bikes, drooling over the variety of interesting rides, and helping festival goers park their bikes.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! If you would like to volunteer on this day to park bikes and join in on the fun, then please fill out our quick and easy online form. It works well to volunteer for at least a few hours at a time, although if you just have an hour as you're passing by or want to stay all day then your help is certainly appreciated too!

If you'd like to help, then sign up online here: http://doodle.com/8hhqyzxfbnngfggk. Just put your name and email or phone number in the text box, and click the boxes for the hours you want to sign up for. If you have any trouble there, just email me instead.

I am coordinating the valet bike parking this year, so if you have any questions, please email me or call my cell at 607-229-2641. We will also have the "Way2Go Depot" tabling next to the bike parking area with literature on biking, walking, TCAT and Ithaca Carshare, and welcome any other reasonable related promotion you want to do on your shift.

Thanks for you help and hope to see you there,

Andy Goodell

  • Valet Bike Parking at the Ithaca Festival, Andy Goodell, 05/31/2011