fingerlakespermaculture - Survival Skills for Adults and Children

  • From: Timothy Drake <primitivepursuits AT hotmail.com>
  • To: recreation listserve <cce-tcrecreation-l AT cornell.edu>
  • Subject: Survival Skills for Adults and Children
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 13:09:04 -0400

Not surprisingly, research shows that unless socialized differently, children love to be outdoors! (Quinn, 1996)

We hope you will join us in our annual fun(d)-raising event and help "socialize" our entire community to CHOOSE THE OUTDOORS!
Age appropriate activities and games for the whole family!

Primitive Pursuits Day! May 14th
A unique day of Local Music and back to the earth Skill-Sharing from a wealth of talented and passionate people.
And for you Plant Sale folks: the new location this year for the annual plant sale is at the Armory - just across the way from Primitive Pursuits - so you can do both!

Music By
Nate Richardson
Steve Selin & Friends
Luke Gustafson
Renee Baum
Curt Osgood

Presenters and Activities
Hawk Circle  – Throwing tomahawks
Jeff Gotlieb – Bark Baskets
Jeff Joseph – Guided Tree Walks
Thunder Bird Atl Atl – Fishing Kits
Earth Arts – Basket weaving
CNY Wildcrafters – Arrow Making
Linda Spielman. - Tracking
Becca Harber & Suzanne Johnson – herbal/ plant walks

Primitive Pursuits Presents
Wild Edible cooking
Friction Fire
Stone Carving
Stone Drilling
Cordage
Wilderness Games
Hide Tanning

Rain or Shine! Covered space for inclement weather.
When: This Saturday 10am - 4pm Come for the whole day or just drop in for a bit
Where: 418 Lower Creek Rd. Ithaca N.Y
Cost: Suggested Donation: $5-$15 person / $15-$30 family

For more information visit our website at www.primitivepursuits.com or find us on FaceBook
You may also call us at CCE at 272-2292 (ask for Dave Hall)

---
Timothy Drake
Primitive Pursuits
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
www.primitivepursuits.com
(607) 272-2292 x195

Primitive Pursuits Day!
Saturday May 14th, 10am-4pm at 4-H Acres

  • Survival Skills for Adults and Children, Timothy Drake, 05/09/2011