fingerlakespermaculture - reminder - Edible Forest Gardening Class This Sat.

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: reminder - Edible Forest Gardening Class This Sat.
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:19:00 -0400

Seeking Common Ground and Patty Love of Barefoot Edible Landscape and Permaculture proudly

Present:

Edible Forest Gardening In A Nutshell: An Introduction

Edible Forest Gardening (EFG) is an effective way to design home scale gardens in our climate that

mimic forest ecosystem structure and function, but grow food, fuel, fiber, fodder, fertilizer,

"farmaceuticals," and fun while we consciously apply the principles of ecology and permaculture.

Join us for a hands-on skill-building experience in edible forest gardening. Learn to transform

traditional lawn landscapes into abundant food-producing perennial forest gardens. Participants will

learn the skills needed to get started at their own home or expand the abilities of a gardening

business. We will get our hands dirty while we install and establish a brand new forest garden.

Have you wanted to:

learn about Permaculture and/or Edible Forest Gardening?

learn how to grow more food in less space with less weeding

and watering?

learn how to use organic gardening methods to produce

healthier food for your family?

learn how to build healthy soil?

learn how to incorporate healthy nuts, fruits, and perennial

vegetables into your garden space?

Whether you know a lot or a little about gardening, this class is for you!

What: A four hour intensive workshop open to everyone

Cost: $60.00

Location: Shimmering Light Farm in South Bristol, NY (45 minutes southeast of Rochester)