fingerlakespermaculture - Fwd: [northeasternpermaculture] Natural Building Intensive - Binghamton, NY 9/20-24

  • From: burns <burns AT panix.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: upstatenypermaculture AT googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Fwd: [northeasternpermaculture] Natural Building Intensive - Binghamton, NY 9/20-24
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:27:37 -0400

Weeklong Cob and Natural Building Intensive
September 20-24, Binghamton, NY

Construct a passive solar greenhouse and tool shed using locally-sourced, natural materials. Through hands-on learning and daily lecture sessions, we will cover cob and straw bale building techniques, stone and earthbag foundation construction, wood framing, home and greenhouse design, greenhouse glazing options, natural plasters as well as roofing options for natural structures. Students will leave with a thorough knowledge and experience base with which to begin construction of their own natural building projects.

Workshop tuition is $450 and includes meals and on-site camping accommodations. We offer a sliding scale for our course tuition - No interested participant will be turned away for lack of funds. We also offer early registration discounts as well as discounts for students traveling together. To register or find out more, contact Mark Krawczyk at mark AT sgnb.com, 802.999.2768 or visit

About the Instructor
Mark Krawczyk lives in Burlington, Vermont and has been exploring the world of natural building since 2001. He completed a six week intensive apprenticeship with the Cob Cottage Company in Coquille, Oregon in the summer of 2002 and has since worked on cob, bale and timber frame structures around the country. Additionally he works as a traditional woodworker (www.rivenwoodcrafts.com) stonemason and permaculture designer/educator

http://flxpermaculture.net

  • Fwd: [northeasternpermaculture] Natural Building Intensive - Binghamton, NY 9/20-24, burns, 07/27/2010