fingerlakespermaculture - Earthbag Root Cellar "Work & Learn" Again, 7/18/10

  • From: burns <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>
  • Subject: Earthbag Root Cellar "Work & Learn" Again, 7/18/10
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:34:14 -0400

Last Sunday a handful of hardworking volunteers came out to help build and learn how to build with earthbags. Our apprentice crew is appreciative for the help and enjoyed meeting Sean, Tali, Pete and Sebastian. Thanks to each for their contribution and good company. We'll do the same again this Sunday and anyone interested is welcome. Here are the details:

Join the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute crew this weekend as they build a root cellar to store food during the upcoming permaculture design
certifications course.

A small cold cellar is being built into the side of a berm with earthbags. Earthbag construction is a low-tech, accessible method for everyday people to
build simple and grand structures out of just the earth, sandbags and a variety of common materials.

Come to Cayuta Sun this Sunday to help build this structure. Our first work & learn session is from 10 am until noon. We take a two-hour siesta and then
work from 2 to 5 pm. No special skills are needed. You are welcome to come for just one work & learn session. Please RSVP. Extra help is needed other days as
well (particularly Thursday and Saturday.)

Cayuta Sun is located between Watkins Glen and Ithaca. Visit http://cayuta.org for directions.

http://www.earthbagbuilding.com
http://earthbagbuilding.wordpress.com
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It-Yourself/Earthbag-Building-Garden-Shed.aspx

--
The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
offers workshops, apprenticeships, and

  • Earthbag Root Cellar "Work & Learn" Again, 7/18/10, burns, 07/13/2010