fingerlakespermaculture - JULY 17: Share Tompkins Swap Meet and Tweetup in Newfield

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: JULY 17: Share Tompkins Swap Meet and Tweetup in Newfield
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:57:22 -0400

July 17 Community Swap Meet and Tweetup
Share Tompkins' first event in Newfield!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Wyllyamz Home!

6 Brown Road, Newfield, NY

Map: http://tinyurl.com/28qkc7h

RSVP on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108603992523759

Drop in as you like for …
4-8pm Share Tompkins Swap Meet

6-8pm BBQ and Potluck

8pm… Country Bonfire

SWAP MEET

Bring stuff, services, or skills you’d like to swap, share, barter, sell, or give away. Think: yard sale meets opportunity to network.

TWEETUP

Would you like to meet others from the Twitterverse? This is a laid- back gathering for local & regional Twitter enthusiasts to meet one another and hang out.

COMMUNITY MUSIC-MAKING

Whether you are an established musician or just like to bang on the drum from time to time, please come and bring your instruments and play (or sing) along! Let’s make music together! (This can be ongoing throughout the evening.)

ALSO TO BRING …

1) Something to share: dish to pass, or something to grill, or a beverage (alcohol welcome), or a dessert. Veg-friendly event with dedicated meat-only & plant-only grills. If you like, coordinate foods in the comments section below.
We’ll also need picnic-ware: Please pack-in/pack-out your own plates, bowls, silverware, etc, or bring compostable: cups, forks, knives, spoons, plates (paper is okay).

2) Dress to be outdoors. Lawn chairs, blankets, balls, frisbees, hackysacks, games, guitars, drums, bug spray, towels, kids’ bathing suits, friends & family. There is a stream; kids (young and old!) can get wet!

Very kid & dog friendly.
Also, did someone mention s’mores?

If you are on twitter, please RSVP to the tweetup by going to http://twtvite.com/twithaca3 and clicking the button in the right column so that we’ll know you are coming. If you need help with transportation, let us know, and we’ll help arrange carpools. We are located 6 miles from the southern edge of Ithaca. Campers are also welcome if you want to avoid a late- night drive home. Thank you. :)

- Phoebe and Matteo

http://sharetompkins.wordpress.com/