fingerlakespermaculture - Earthbag Root Cellar "Work & Learn" 7/11/10 cayuta.org

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Earthbag Root Cellar "Work & Learn" 7/11/10 cayuta.org
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:08:23 -0400

Join the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute crew this weekend as they build a
root cellar to store food during the upcoming permaculture design
certifications course.

A small cold cellar is being built into the side of a berm with earthbags.
Earthbag construction is a low-tech, accessible method for everyday people to
build simple and grand structures out of just the earth, sandbags and a
variety of common materials.

Come to Cayuta Sun this Sunday to help build this structure. Our first work &
learn session is from 10 am until noon. We take a two-hour siesta and then
work from 2 to 5 pm. No special skills are needed. You are welcome to come for
just one work & learn session. Please RSVP. Extra help is needed other days as
well.

Cayuta Sun is located between Watkins Glen and Ithaca. Visit http://cayuta.org
for directions.

http://www.earthbagbuilding.com