fingerlakespermaculture - Eden Arising workshop at Earthdance

  • From: Dave Jacke <davej AT edibleforestgardens.com>
  • To: "fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Eden Arising workshop at Earthdance
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 15:05:50 -0400

Title: Eden Arising workshop at Earthdance
Eden Arising - Ecological Design as a Spiritual Practice
<http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsdave10.htm> with Dave Jacke
at EARTHDANCE
<
http://www.earthdance.net/> , Plainfield MA in the Berkshire foothills of Western Mass.
July 16th (Friday)
Essentially, the goal of ecological design is to recreate the Garden of Eden—and why not? In this age of high technology and information, we have the means to create food-producing ecosystems that work like healthy natural systems with minimal maintenance and diverse yields. Yet, this is also a spiritual quest. Adam and Eve lived unselfconsciously in the Garden of Eden, like children, dependent on the Garden's beneficence. They left Eden after eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge and realizing their separateness from the One.  We now must ask how a healthy, functional, adult relationship to God/Goddess/Nature would look.  How can the practice of ecological design teach us how to see, how to act, and who we really are in our New Eden? We will explore these questions together, finding our questions and answers within ourselves and in our shared circle.

Dave Jacke,
primary author of the award winning two-volume book Edible Forest Gardens , has studied ecology and design since the 1970s, and has run his own design firm—Dynamics Ecological Design—since 1984. Dave is an engaging and passionate teacher of ecological design and permaculture. He has designed, built, and planted landscapes, homes, farms, and communities in the many parts of the United States, as well as overseas. A cofounder of Land Trust at Gap Mountain in Jaffrey, NH, he homesteaded there for a number of years. He holds a B.A. in Environmental Studies from Simon's Rock College and a M.A. in Landscape Design from the Conway School of Landscape Design.

REGISTER NOW! <
http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsdave10.htm>
For info: contact AT earthdance.net <mailto:contact AT earthdance.net>

This workshop is a part of the SEEDS Festival <http://www.earthdance.net/seedsfest.htm>. In addition to the workshop, you are also invited to attend evening  performances, discussions, jams, and films as well as the Saturday Community Day as part of your participation.

SEEDS workshops:
Diego Piñon/Butoh Ritual Mexicano Dance
<http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsbutoh10.htm>
Benoît Lachambre/Extending the Comfort Zone <http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsbenoit10.htm>
K.J. Holmes/Weathering <http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsmidweek10.htm> & PineCones <http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedspinecones10.htm> (an overnight event)
Pedro Alejandro/Soft Body/Soft Terrain, Open Artist’s Projec <http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsmidweek10.htm> t
Dave Jacke/Eden Arising: Ecological Design as a Spiritual Practice <http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsdave10.htm>
Plus performances, an ECO jam, disucssions, films, artists-in-residence, green m-Art, and more.

The theme of this year’s 10-day long SEEDS festival is NOURISHMENT: A crop’s environment—including soil, topography, and climate—imparts a characteristic taste and flavor and must be taken into consideration in cultivation. With care, through interaction we hope to create an ultra-lush, enriching, and regenerative culture in which to grow our art.

Come for a performance or a film, a workshop, a jam, or the whole festival!

WWW.EARTHDANCE.NET/seeds <http://earthdance.net/seeds>

PHOTOS: Benoit Lachambre's FORGERIES, LOVE AND OTHER MATTERS photo by Chris Van der Burght; Pet Show (2005), choreography by Pedro Alejandro, photo courtesy of the artist; Dave Jacke teaching, photo courtesy of http://artmeetsearth.org
<http://artmeetsearth.org/> ; K.J. Holmes & Charlie Morrissey in The I/Eye of Contact, a photo series by K.J. Holmes; Diego Piñon, photo by Flo Poulain.

-------------
Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
308 Main Street #2C, Greenfield, MA 01301
603-831-1298 • davej AT edibleforestgardens.com

Edible Forest Gardens is a winner!  The Garden Writer's Association has awarded Volume 1 of my book a Silver Medal, and the Council of Botanical and Horticultural Libraries nominated both volumes for its Literary Award, too! Find details on the books at

<http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/

And

<http://www.chelseagreen.com/2005/items/edibleforestset>

We do not see things as they are,
    We see things as we are.
         Talmud

  • Eden Arising workshop at Earthdance, Dave Jacke, 06/07/2010