fingerlakespermaculture - Valet Bike Parking at the Ithaca Festival

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Valet Bike Parking at the Ithaca Festival
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:07:29 -0400

From: "Andy Goodell" <andy AT ithacacarshare.org>

Hi all,

The Ithaca Festival is coming up soon on June 3 - 6! For the past
several years, there has been valet bike parking available, and
literally hundreds of people bike to the festival. In a nutshell,
valet bike parking is a volunteer run part of the festival, which
offers secure bike parking for Sunday June 6th at Stewart Park. There
is a fenced in area where we set up rows of bike racks, and move bikes
in and out as people come and go throughout the day.

Last year, volunteers graciously parked nearly 300 bikes last year of
all varieties, including mountain bikes, city bikes, road racers,
family tandems, folding bikes, kid trailers, and even an
electric-assist extended frame behemoth of a bike. We had a fun time
chatting about bikes, drooling over the variety of interesting rides,
and helping festival goers park their bikes.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! If you would like to volunteer on this day to park
bikes and join in on the fun, then please fill out our quick and easy
online form. It works well to volunteer for a 2 to 4 hour block,
although if you just have an hour as you're passing by or want to stay
all day then your help is certainly appreciated too!

If you'd like to help, then sign up online here:
http://www.doodle.com/ynd5hnyrkudqnmv8. Just put your name and phone
number in the text box, and click the boxes for the hours you want to
sign up for.

I am coordinating the valet bike parking this year, so if you have any
questions, please contact me at andy AT ithacacarshare.org or call my
cell at 607-229-2641. We will also have the "Way2Go Depot" tabling
next to the bike parking area with literature on biking, walking, TCAT
and Ithaca Carshare, and welcome any other reasonable related
promotion you want to do on your shift.

Thanks for your help and hope to see you there,

Andy Goodell
andy AT ithacacarshare.org
607-229-2641

--
The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
offers workshops, apprenticeships, and

  • Valet Bike Parking at the Ithaca Festival, Michael Burns, 05/28/2010