corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Top Pick List for Galatians/Romans studies

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Perry L. Stepp" <plstepp AT kcu.edu>
  • To: "'Corpus-Paul'" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Top Pick List for Galatians/Romans studies
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:45:51 -0500

Charles Talbert's commentary (in the Smyth and Helwys series) is very good
and beautifully done--pictures, graphics, typesetting.

Talbert addresses theological questions new and old, (and perspectives new
and old), and is consistently judicious and enlightening. And the print
volume comes with a .pdf of the entire commentary on cd, which is also nice.

Of course, I'm biased: Talbert is my doktorvater.

Perry L. Stepp, Ph.D.

Associate Professor, Biblical Studies and Theology
Kentucky Christian University

http://theophiluspunk.typepad.com (new)
http://theophiluspunk.blogspot.com (old)

"In a pluralistic society, a religion's value will be judged by the benefits
it brings to non-adherents."
(Brian McLaren)