corpus-paul - Re: Re: [Corpus-Paul] The logic connection between Rom 4:1-8 and 9

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: moon AT mail.sogang.ac.kr
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: moon AT sogang.ac.kr
  • Subject: Re: Re: [Corpus-Paul] The logic connection between Rom 4:1-8 and 9
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:31:59 +0900

Hi, Harold,

could you tell us why the second reading is more reasonable?

Doesn't Paul state 4:9b-10 as if the answer to the question 9a is obvious,
that is, is "to the uncircumcised as well"? The connective OUN in 4:9a
may be taken to mean "therefore" (strong connection) or "then" (less strong
connection). If we take OUN to mean "therefore", then we can take
the question 4:9a to be a rhetorical question.

So, I would like to listen to your argument for the second reading.

Sincerely
Moon R. Jung
Sogang Univ, Seoul, KOrea

Moon R. Jung