corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Gal 5:12

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Gal 5:12
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 12:11:21 -0500

At 04:20 PM 1/1/04 +0000, you wrote:

>While constructing his argument, which explores many avenues to dissuade the
>addressees from compliance with the influencers, Paul includes this and
several
>other mean-spirited expressions (like curse-wishes) that give us a glance
>into
>the human social dimension of the enterprise that gave rise to these
>letters.

Thank you for this and the rest of your post Mark. Would you mind expanding
on the above paragraph a bit- as I find it interesting. And if there is
bibliogrpahy on Paul's curse-wishes I would love to know it.

thanks

jim

Dr Jim West
Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
http://biblical-studies.org -- Biblical Studies Resources
http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com --- Biblical Theology Weblog

Bad exegesis is no less worse than bad conduct.
Tertullian, On Purity