corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul and Politics

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: tim.harris AT stmatts.asn.au
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul and Politics
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:31:53 +0930

Quoting Jim Miller <themiller7 AT worldnet.att.net>:

| This is a multiple-choice submission. Listers may respond to one or more of
| the questions.
|
| 1. I am looking for introductions to, or overviews of, the political reading
| of Paul.

I have touched on some of these matters recently in my (about to be submitted)
Ph.D thesis on the subversion of status. There are some significant dimensions
to this issue in Philippians 2 and 3 - recognised by Blumenfeld, but largely
overlooked by Georgi.

In addition to the titles mentioned, I have also found helpful treatments in
R.J. Cassidy, Paul in Chains: Roman Imprisonment and the Letters of St. Paul.
New York: Herder and Herder/Crossroad, 2001; and Veronica Koperski, The
knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: the high Christology of Philippians 3:7-11.
CBET 16. Kampen: Kok Pharos, 1996.

Tim Harris
Flinders University
South Australia