corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] RE: The construction of P46

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Billy Evans <biblewje AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] RE: The construction of P46
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 00:33:02 -0500

-----Original Message-----
Dave wrote:

I'm going to try one more time. Can anyone answer the questions below? If
not, can anyone let me know where I can get hold of a facsimile of P46 so
that I can take some measurements myself?

It is generally known that the extant portions of P46 all came from a single
quire. However, I haven't seen anything that states whether the leaves were
trimmed or not.

Dave:
I checked serveral book I have on texts and they did not discuss your
question. Maybe you could search the Chester Beatty Papyri (P 45, 46, & 47)
discovery records to see how they were found or ask Kurt or Barbara Aland.
I gather, however, that you have already done this, but that and other
obvious ideas are all I can suggest. I write to let you know that you are
being heard. sorry I can't offer you more.

best wishes in your search
Billy Evans