corpus-paul - Re: Re Textbook

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Douglas Low" <dlow AT oak.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re Textbook
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:21:58 -0500

My students found Fitzmyer tough going because it is so condensed. Wright
was an easy read and helpful if you want your students to accept that
framework. C. K. Barrett's Paul worked well for some students. The IVP
Paul and His Letters Dictionary has some helpful articles on various points
if you wanted to have students read multiple articles. Douglas Low