corpus-paul - Re: The Mystery of Romans: the theme of- --- - restoration of Israel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: asia trek <asiatrek AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Mystery of Romans: the theme of- --- - restoration of Israel
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:29:17 -0800 (PST)

I too am enjoying the dialogue between your posts

But this happened to catch my eye:

A snip from a good sized post:

 relative to Paul's voice from his supposed letters, I do not suppose
that   what I read at the surface level reveals Paul's voice as the author
of   Hebrews.

How do you determine the voice of any writer?????

I recall reading numerous articles discussing authorship

of numerous letters, books, etc...  my list includes Paul thru CS Lewis.....

i.e. to use a quick example --  CS Lewis happened to have written several

different genres (science fiction trilogy -- chronicles of narnia -- literary criticism etc...)

If we jumped to the future and did not know that he wrote widely --- then how

could we determine the authorship of said works ????   (of course this presumes

that the author's information is unknown -- such as Hebrews is.....)

I am very intriqued by the whole case concerning the authorship of Hebrews

and I have begun reading widely .....   My hypothesis is that Hebrews is somehow

connected with the last several paragraphs of Acts 28.  How this for a dip into

the realm of conjecture????

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.