corpus-paul - RE: corpus-paul digest: October 19, 2001

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Michael Thomson <mthomson AT eerdmans.com>
  • To: 'Corpus-paul' <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: corpus-paul digest: October 19, 2001
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:35:48 -0400

Just a note...I don't want to get into my views on the fornication divorce
question...but an interesting new title from Eerdmans coming out in March
might be worth checking out. The book is called "Divorce and Remarriage in
the Bible: The Social and Literary Context by David Instone-Brewer. You can
check the author's website ... he has more info there about the upcoming
book (www.instone-brewer.com).

Another good book on the topic is published by Hendrickson's ... titled "And
Marries Another..." by Craig Keener.

I have written papers in graduate seminary on this topic...but given its
thorniness won't venture my own lay opinion here.

I hope these references are useful...

-MT