corpus-paul - Re: Darrell Doughty on Dutch Radical

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim Hester <hester AT jasper.uor.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Darrell Doughty on Dutch Radical
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:30:30 -0700

Listers!

After reading the sentence below, I find I need to edit it!

> I would turn Darrell's argument around, unless there are
> other criteria that render pauline authorship prima facie impossible, the
> fact that we have Romans means that "actual" letters as effective means of
> communication existed in the first century.

Please insert the word "long" after "actual". The point I was trying to
make, badly as it turns out, is that Romans, despite its length, is an
"actual" letter unless criteria other than length can prove it otherwise.

Sorry about that!
Jim Hester "Never be afraid to try something new.
736 Buckingham Drive Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Redlands, CA 92374 Professionals built the Titanic."
(909) 792-0533
hester AT uor.edu http://rhetjournal.uor.edu
http://www.ars-rhetorica.net