corpus-paul - Re: gospel tradition in epistles

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanosmd AT home.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gospel tradition in epistles
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:39:45 -0500

on 7/15/01 10:52 AM, Michael Abernathy at mabernat AT cub.kcnet.org wrote:

> I am beginning some preliminary work toward my dissertation. At this time I
> am interested in both the explicit references to the gospel tradition in the
> epistles and what many have taken to be allusions to the gospel traditions.
> have found some interesting articles on this subject but I would appreciate
> it
> if any of the list members could direct me to some references that I may not
> be aware of.

Of what resources are you aware? I cannot guess. Here are a few that come to
mind. This was a matter of some discussion a generation or two ago, as you
will notice by the dates.

Friedrich, euaggelion, TDNT 2.707-37.

Eds. L. Ann Jervis and Peter Richardson. Gospel in Paul: Studies on
Corinthians, Galatians and Romans for Richard N. Longnecker. 1994.
Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press.

Koester, Helmut. 1989. "From the Kerygma-Gospel to Written Gospels." NTS
35:361-81.

Manson, T. W. 1962. Studies in the Gospels and Epistles. Ed. Matthew Black.
Philadelphia: The Westminster Press.

Stuhlmacher, Peter, ed. 1991. The Gospel and the Gospels. Grand Rapids,
Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

Stuhlmacher, Peter. 1968. Das paulinische Evangelium. I. Vorgeschichte.
Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht.

Winger, Michael. 1994. "Tradition, Revelation and Gospel: A Study of
Galatians." JSNT 53:65-86.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Mark
--
Mark D. Nanos, Ph.D.
313 NE Landings Dr.

  • gospel tradition in epistles, Michael Abernathy, 07/15/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: gospel tradition in epistles, Mark D. Nanos, 07/15/2001