corpus-paul - Re: Paul's use of technical rhetorical devices

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David C. Hindley" <dhindley AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's use of technical rhetorical devices
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:25:55 -0400

Loren Rossen noted:

>>Mark, indeed, jumped into the fray during that stimulating
interview; he submitted a couple of
postings in response to Fred Long regarding the manner in which
rhetorical models (forensic, deliberative, epideictic) are often
pre-critically imported into our interpretations<<

Oops! I searched for the name "Kern" in the rhetoric-l archives and
did not see Mark's name among the resulting messages. I guess his
response did not mention Kern by name, or MS Outlook 98 has a crappy
search engine (I'll leave that to others to decide).

Respectfully,

Dave Hindley
Cleveland, Ohio, USA