corpus-paul - Kyoto

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Bert Jan Lietaert Peerbolte" <lietaertpeerbolte AT planet.nl>
  • Subject: Kyoto
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:59:29 +0200

Subject: Bush
Date: Friday, June 08, 2001 5:11 PM

>President Bush recently announced that the United States
Government will
>not
>honour its commitments under the 1997 Kyoto Protocol to reduce
>greenhouse
>gases. The United States produce 25% of the world's carbon
dioxide, a
>gas
>that is believed to be the main contributor to global warming.
>
>Rising global temperatures are known to raise sea levels, and
change
>precipitation and other climate conditions. Changing climates
alter
>forests,
>crop yields, and water supplies. It could also threaten human
health,
>and
>harm birds, fish, and many types of ecosystems. An increase in
>weather-related disasters will occur, deserts may expand into
existing
>range
>lands, densely populated coastal areas will flood and large
numbers of
>people will have to move.
>
>Show you disagree with the Bush Administration's decision to
withdraw
>from
>the 1997 Kyoto Protocol on Global Warming. Urge President Bush
to review
>his
>policy in this matter and devise a comprehensive plan to reduce
US
>emissions
>of so-called greenhouse gases.
>
>Sign your name, town and country of residence at the bottom of
this
>e-mail,
>copy the entire text of this e-mail (do NOT use the forward
button),
>into a
>new message and send it to as many people as possible.
>
>If you see 100 people have signed this message before you, send
this
>e-mail
>to the White House at mailto: resident AT whitehouse.gov to show
Mr. Bush
>the
>world is watching. Then start a fresh copy of this message with
your
>name as
>the last signer.
>
>Thank you.
>
>1-Marcello Bracale,Napoli,Italia
>2-Tom Gehrels, Toronto, Canada
>3-RenH Pottkamp, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
>4-Beppechien Bruins Slot, Haarlem, the Netherlands
>5-Marloes Kraan, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
>6-Kim Knibbe, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
>7-Jose Lima, Portugal
>8-Rui Pereira, Lisboa, Portugal
>9-Jo"o Alves, Lisboa, Portugal
>10-Tiago J[natas,Lisboa,Portugal
>11-Nuno EncarnaA"o, Lisboa, Portugal
>12-Filipe Fernandes, Lisboa, Portugal
>13-David Manuel Dias Neto, Lisboas, Portugal
>14-Domingos Alfredo Alves Neto . Lisboa. Portugal
>15-Ana Escoval - Lisboa - Portugal
>16- !lvaro de Carvalho - Lisboa - Portugal
>17- Anabela Paix"o - Lisboa , Portugal
>18- "scar Ortet - Lisboa, Portugal
>19- Jorge Paix"o da Costa - Portugal
>20 - Nuno Artur Silva - Lisboa, Portugal
>21 - JosH Carlos de Oliveira, Lisboa, Portugal
>22 - AndrH Gago, Lisboa, Portugal
>23 - Niilo Saranummi, Finland
>24 - Luca Cristofolini, Bologna, Italy
>25 - Giovanni Cristofolini, Bologna, Italy
>26 - Consolata Siniscalco, Torino, Italy
>27 - Chantal Trhves, Aosta, Italy
>28 - Mario Cenni, Lucca, Italy
>29 - Roberto Rossi, Florence, Italy
>30 - Andreas Bosshard, Oberwil-Lieli, Switzerland
>31 - Thomas van Elsen, Witzenhausen, Germany
>32 - Peter Herold, Witzenhausen, Germany
>33 - Penelope Pohlner, Witzenhausen, Germany
>34 - Rieke Bartram, Lusaka, Zambia
>35 - Rainer Bartram, Lusaka, Zambia
>36 - Kerstin Jespersen, Lusaka, Zambia
>37. Kordelia Fischer-Borchert, Lusaka, Zambia
>38. Peter Borchert, Lusaka, Zambia
>39. Rolf M|ggenburg, Bensheim, Germany
>40. Ute Norman, Lomi/Togo, West Africa
>41. Ishmael Norman, Accra/Ghana, West Africa
>42. William G Brohier, Penang, Malaysia
>43. Suzette F. Yao, Manila, Philippines
>44. Mitzi D. Abbass, Shanhua, Taiwan
>45. Ken Swann, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
>46. Darryl Bullen, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
>47. Gavin Bullen, Perth, Australia
>48. Sophia Covassi, London, UK
>49. Angus Wallace, Adelaide, Australia
>50. Benjamin Colmeroto, Sydney, Australia
>51. Timothy Hulleros, Sydney, Australia
>52. Steven Richards, Central Coast, Australia
>53. Damien Meredith, Central Coast, Australia
>54. Matt Hall, Central Coast, Australia
>55. Matthew Bibby, Sydney, Australia
>56. Sarah Sixsmith, sydney australia
>56. Pete Sixsmith, Sydney, australia
>57. Simon Sixsmith, Utrecht, Holland
>58. Paul Wolterink, Utrecht, Holland
>59. Esther van Gameren, Utrecht, Holland
>60. Marieken van Ewijk, Utrecht, Holland
>61. Mike Bachman, Amsterdam, Holland
>62. Suzanne Hennekens, Utrecht, Netherlands
63.        Yaisa Nio, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
64.  Nikoleta Radic, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
65. Nikola Radic, Novi Sad, Yugoslavia __
66. Jasminka Jurisic, Den Haag, Netherlands
67. Orphée Bottse, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
68. Gabriela Horno Colás, Den Haag, Netherlands
69. Vico Martinez Losa, Malvern, U.S.A.
70. Saskia van der Lingen, Utrecht, Netherlands
71. Marijke de Lang, Leiden, The Netherlands
72. Bert Jan Lietaert Peerbolte, Leiderdorp, The Netherlands

  • Kyoto, Bert Jan Lietaert Peerbolte, 07/02/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Kyoto, Alex LaBrecque, 07/03/2001
    • RE: Kyoto, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 07/03/2001