corpus-paul - Re: Kingdom of God in Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Francisco Ramirez" <franramirez AT teo.upco.es>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Kingdom of God in Paul
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:11:25 +0200

Mark,

I feel very much close to your refusal of a either/or interpretation of
Paul. But are you restricting the "dawn of the Kingdom" to the resurrected
Christ (kingdom would then mean "Christ to reigns" as in 1 Cor 15,25)?
What about the believers?
I wonder if some texts as 1QS 11:2ff. or the Hodayot may shed some light on
Paul's idea of kingdom of God: in Qumran the community is already sharing
the "inheritance in the lot of the holy ones" (1QS 11:7-8).

regards,
Francisco
Francisco Ramírez Fueyo
Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Madrid)
franramirez AT teo.upco.es