corpus-paul - Re: galli (was North/South Galatian Theory)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Elli Elliott" <ellielliott AT email.msn.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: galli (was North/South Galatian Theory)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:34:56 -0700

Mark,

You asked for comments on Gal 5:12. I take it basically as part of Paul's
rhetorical strategy of equating circumcision with ritual castration. I will
be happy to lay this out in more detail after the SBL meeting.

Hope to see many of you there.

Elli Elliott (elli AT ria.net)
Pastor, Zion United Church of Christ, Sterling, Colorado
PhD, New Testament & Early Christianity, Loyola University Chicago