corpus-paul - Re: Gal 4:8-10 (To Mark Nanos)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "moon-ryul jung" <moon AT saint.soongsil.ac.kr>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Gal 4:8-10 (To Mark Nanos)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 20:09:26 -0400

Mark,

thank you so much for quite a number of questions/answers for the
Galatian situation and its relevance to the interpretation of Gal
4:8-10.

You succeeded to convince me that your theory and thereby your
interpretation of Gal 4:8-10 makes sense. The remaining issue
for the interpretation of Gal 4:8-10 seems to be how we should
interprete the similar expression stoicheia tou kosmou in Gal 4:3,
under which the Law people were ensalved until the new age had
come.

Moon

Moon-Ryul Jung
Sogang Univ, Seoul, Korea