corpus-paul - RE: Galatian situation

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: pmh15 AT cam.ac.uk (Peter M. Head)
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Galatian situation
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:07:51 +0100

Richard Fellows wrote:

>Peter
>
>(writing off-list)
>
>>This might reflect the cosmic side of time-keeping and the
>>fact that cultic practices (and certainly pilgrimmages) might either have
>>been down-played by the agitators or in any case be incumbent upon
>>circumcision in any case.
>
>Sounds interesting. Are you suggesting that there may have been some
>connection between pilgrimmages and circumcision? If so, what? Is there any
>reason to believe that circumcision candidates went up to Jerusalem shortly
>before or shortly after the snip?
>
>Richard.

Richard,

I'd love to be able to answer this question, but now that I have got a tank
full of petrol I'm going on a holiday. Someone else should have a go, else
I'll catch up in a couple of weeks.

Love from Fi and Lizzie (to Richard not to the whole list).

Peter

Dr. Peter M. Head
Tyndale House
36 Selwyn Gardens