corpus-paul - Re: question

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Rick S" <rick.strelan AT mailbox.uq.edu.au>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: question
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:06:50 +1000

John,

Thanks for that. Most commentaries suggest the same thing. I wonder though whether it does not refer to one's self. Mirrors were very commonly associated with Aphrodite and with the dead and with one's shade [EIDWLON]. I'm just exploring the possibility that Paul has this kind of mirror in mind and this kind of looking

No big deal.

Again, thanks, and hope all is well with you, despite the Olympics1

Rick

  • question, John Dickson, 09/12/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: question, Rick S, 09/12/2000