corpus-paul - Re: how old was he

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: how old was he
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:50:09 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Schmidtke" <karlschmidtke_1999 AT yahoo.de>
To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 5:05 AM
Subject: [corpus-paul] Re: how old was he

> The question, how old was Paul when he died?, is
> completely unimportant.

It is important from an historical perspective and also for
understanding Paul at various stages of his "development."
But how can you say the question is unimportant when
compared to:

> What is important is a) did Paul actually ever die?;

I think its a fair assumption. The alternative is that he is
1,995 years old and living in Brooklyn.

> and b) if not, where is he now?;

...or in a nursing home in the South Bronx.

or c) if he did,
> where are his "remains"?

Chances are you have an atom or two of Paul's in your own
left big toe.

Jack

Jack Kilmon
jkilmon AT historian.net