corpus-paul - Re: corpus-paul digest: June 01, 2000

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jill & Dale Walker" <jillendale AT 21stcentury.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: corpus-paul digest: June 01, 2000
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 23:54:09 -0500

Paul discussed the collection with churches in Galatia, Macedonia,
Achaia, and Rome. His dialogue with Achaea went back and forth a few
times. His interest in it was a key element of his relationship with the
Jerusalem church. His participation in it influenced his travel plans.

1 Cor 16:1-4; Gal 2:10; 2 Cor 8-9; Rom 15:25-27

The energy put into organizing the collection, Paul's consistency in
mentioning it to churches, it's connection to the Jerusalem conference
and to Paul's appointment to preach to the nations lead me to think it
is an important event in Paul's churches and work.

Dale Walker