corpus-paul - Re: hard evidence for early opening to Gentiles <LYR86769-45571-2000.03.23-13.59.00--ekrentz#lstc.edu@franklin.oit.unc.edu>

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Brian Tucker" <music AT riverviewcog.org>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: hard evidence for early opening to Gentiles <LYR86769-45571-2000.03.23-13.59.00--ekrentz#lstc.edu AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:11:42

Agreed, check this out:
Footnote 50 on page 156 of Scot McKnight's _A Light Among The Nations_
says,
"It is a fact that not all "sympathizers" had religious motives; so
Kraabel, "Christian Evidence," 649...Kraabel is known for his famous essay
"Disappearance," but it is now clear that he means (I'm not sure he meant
so at the time of "Disappearance") disappearance from the narrative of
Acts; see his forthcoming essay "Beloved." I detect somewhat of a
concession on his part: perhaps from Luke the falsifier (as theologian) to
Luke the magnifier (as theologian)."

Mcknight wrote this in 1991. Have you seen this "Beloved" essay? I think it
is in the Koester Festschrift. I don't have access to it and I am curious
if there is any movement from his Numen (1981) article?

Thanks
Brian Tucker
Riverview, MI
music AT riverviewcog.org