corpus-paul - Re: Gal 2:11-21

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanos AT mail.gvi.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gal 2:11-21
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:24:38 -0600

Jim,
I like your proposal, and remember liking it when I read your article, which I am now reminded to re-read.... This section does have an epideictic quality to it, as you argue; whether the letter overall should be considered epideictic, or an example of any one genre (or even combination) of classical rhetoric is another matter. It would be interesting to see what you would argue on this matter now versus what you argued in this article, and in your other articles on rhetoric and Galatians.

Regards,
Mark Nanos