corpus-paul - RE: slave names in Rom 16

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Alexander Labrecque" <evangelica AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: slave names in Rom 16
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 09:41:17 -0800

I've not read the dictionary article but in Dunn's Word commentary on Rom 16:3-16 he notes that "most of the names were common among slaves, freedmen, and freedwomen" (p. 900). Dunn's comments on these verses cite sources, presumably for references to persons known to have been slaves.

Alex LaBrecque