corpus-paul - RE: Composite letters (was Re: Authenticity in the Pauline Corpus)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Composite letters (was Re: Authenticity in the Pauline Corpus)
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 12:21:03 -0500

"Perry L. Stepp" wrote:

> >I think that is exactly what motivated my question in the first place.
> >Pursuant to a disucssion on XTalk somebody mentioned the "composite letter"
> >idea which I had never heard before. Any suggestions on where one would
> find
> >a defense of such ideas?
>
> Raymond Brown's *An Introduction to the New Testament* is the place to
> start.

So too Willi Marxsen's _Introduction to the NT_ and now Udo Schnelle's _The
History
and Theology of the New Testament Writings_. Indeed, almost any commentary on
the
Paulines worth its salt will discuss the issue of unity and integrity of the
particular epistle it deals with.

Yours,

Jeffrey

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • RE: Composite letters (was Re: Authenticity in the Pauline Corpus), Jeffrey B. Gibson, 10/07/1999