corpus-paul - Opponents in 1&2 Corinthians

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Richard Fellows <rfellows AT intergate.bc.ca>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Opponents in 1&2 Corinthians
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:23:54 -0700

I'm interested in the question of the identity of the Paul's opponents in 1
& 2 Corinthians. In particular, I would like to know whether Paul's
polemic in the two letters is aimed at the same opponents. Gerd Luedemann
argued that they were the same, but what is the state of play on this issue?

Richard Fellows.