corpus-paul - Re: comparing files

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Edgar Krentz <ekrentz AT lstc.edu>
  • To: "Mark House" <mhouse AT fuller.edu>, "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: comparing files
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:08:30 -0500

>Subject: comparing files
>From: "Byron Knutson" <byronk AT open.org>
>Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:04:39 -0700
>
>>>I know this isn't a BGreek question, but it does have to do with Greek. I
>am compiling some lists of Greek vocabulary for different books. I would
>like to be able to able to compare the files for those words that are unique
>to each list. Is there a Windows 95 program out there that will do this?
>The files are in Word97 format and Excel97 format right now.<<
>
>Have you looked at Morgenthaler's "Wortstatistik"? Most seminary libraries
>will have a copy in the reference section. He has a complete list of NT
>vocabulary with the number of occurrences in each NT book, and several
>statistical summaries at the end as well. It's a tremendous resource,
>although somebody needs to revise it an make it available electronically.
>
>Also, check out the resources offered by SAS Institute (I don't have their
>URL right here, but they're on the Web). They have programs called Candisc,
>Cluster, Discrim, Factor and Stepdisc, which are being used for various
>types of literary statistical analysis, including Greek literature.
>
>Mark House

In addition to Mark's reference, vol 2 of Aland's large concordance has a
frequency list and a list of hapax legomena in each NTY book.

Edgar Krentz
Professor of New Testament Emeritus
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
1100 E. 55th Street
Chicago, IL 60615 USA
773-256-0752
e-mail: ekrentz AT lstc.edu (Office)
GHRASKW AEI POLLA DIDASKOMENOS.

  • Re: comparing files, Edgar Krentz, 06/18/1999