corpus-paul - Re: Interpolation Solutions

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Interpolation Solutions
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 18:03:57 -0300

> Nevertheless, I think the circumstantial weight of evidence for some
> interpolations, if presented skillfully and honestly, might be persuasive. I
> would love to hear such arguments or have someone point out compelling
> cases. Unfortunately I have yet to enjoy that experience.

Jon,

I have argued against an interpolation in 1 Thess 2:13-16 in my article in
BETL 87. I
have no opinion about Philippians, either re interpolations or the integrity
of the
canonical form. How do you feel about 1 Cor 14:33b-36 which a number of
people
identify as an interpolation? I think that is one of the best candidates for
an
interpolation.

Frank W. Hughes
Codrington College