corpus-paul - Re: political aspects of conversion (new thread)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "kosala@md2" <kosala AT md2.vsnl.net.in>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: political aspects of conversion (new thread)
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 12:52:41 +0530

I can see here the influence of Dr.Wielenga and if I might not mistaken, he
might have the current context of persecution in India in mind. If I am
mistaken, please forgive me.

Certainly the Conversion has a political aspect. on the one hand the number
of the Churches and its members have a political say though their life and
action. On the other hand the nonchristians take it as political due to fear
of being a minotirity some day in the future, which means loosing power and
influence. When the Catholics and Protestants fight against each other, what
could we say in this context??

In the State of Orissa, India, where the Australian Missionary Mr.Stains was
burnt alive in his jeep along with his two sons (8 and 10 yrs old!) the
conversion is, in a way,prohibited. However it is done ONLY after a legal
affidavit filed by the person desiring of conversion.

Paul's context was similar.

Dr.Kishore Kosala
India