corpus-paul - Not lying (was Re: Pauline Pastorals)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Chris Cutler" <Chrisc AT powercall.co.uk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Not lying (was Re: Pauline Pastorals)
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 23:01:14 +0100

Chris Hutson wrote:

...Nor is it
> possible to see why the historical Paul would insist to the historical
> Timothy that he is "not lying" when he says he was appointed a herald
> and an apostle. Is it possible that the historical Timothy would
> doubt that, after so many years of difficult labor with Paul and on
> Paul's behalf?

Has anyone noticed how Paul seems touchy on the subject of lying? (2 Cor
11:31; Gal 1:20; Gal 4:16)

How would this fit with Paul's apparent unpopularity with the Jerusalem
Church?

Chris

Chris Cutler
"Auditeur Libre"

What liberates is the knowledge of who we were, what we became; where we
were, whereinto we have been thrown; whereto we speed, wherefrom we are
redeemmed; what birth is, and what rebirth." (Exc. Theod. 78.2)

  • Not lying (was Re: Pauline Pastorals), Chris Cutler, 04/23/1999