corpus-paul - corpus-paul digest: April 07, 1999

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David C. Hindley" <DHindley AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: corpus-paul digest: April 07, 1999
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 00:03:09 -0400

Message text written by "Frank Glenn"

>Friends,
Several of the posts that have come in lately have been very hard
read as they appear to have been pasted from a word processor to the body
of
the message.

Example:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx

To avoid this, may I suggest that you set your word processor margins to
about 4.5 total inches? It works on my MS Works and MS Word.<<

I have similar problems both here and b-Greek, but not posts to Synoptic-L
and Ioudios-L. I had previously tried the solution you suggested, setting
the width to 4" in MS Word 97, but it still cut off a couple of letters at
the end of each line. I also get the exact same problem using the built-in
editor in Compuserve's Win-Cim 4.0.

Since it does not seem to be related to the editing tool, I suspect it is
related to the way a server sending e-mail translated a binary message into
text. Perhaps Lyris interprets messages received from certain internet
sources in a way that misreads the actual length of a row of text and cuts
it off prematurely. If I am correct, hopefully Lyris can be tweaked to read
the text better.

Why the margin solution worked for you and not me, I can't say I know.

Dave H