corpus-paul - Re: What is the Cropus Paulinum?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "J.E.Harding" <BSP97JEH AT sheffield.ac.uk>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: What is the Cropus Paulinum?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:33:03 +0100

My contributions to the C-P list work on the basis that all letters
which begin with a greeting from 'Paul' *may* be understood as part
of the Pauline corpus. I believe that to have a discussion list which
defines what is to be included in the Pauline corpus has already
excluded from its remit topics which may allow for fruitful
discussion. "Taxonomy is the death of education" (Neil Postman and
Charles Weingartner). Hence, from a personal point of view, the court
will always be out on what letters are to be regarded as
deutero-Pauline, and my own work certainly begins from this point.

James Edward Harding
University of Sheffield