corpus-paul - Re: What is the Cropus Paulinum?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: What is the Cropus Paulinum?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:12:38 -0500

Lloyd Barre wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I would like to know how list members are defining the Pauline corpus these
> days. What letters, if any, are regarded as Deutero-Pauline? and why?

As our archives already indicate, there is not a unified view on this matter
among List members, though many, for reasons again noted in the archives,
would not accept the Pastorals or Ephesians as "genuine". You will also find
debate about the authenticity of 2 Thessalonians and Colossians. Perhaps
it might be more helpful for all concerned to know if there a particular
reason you wish to have this question answered. Then members may speak to it
more directly. In the meantime, you may wish to consult the "Introductions to
the NT" by Brown, Ehrman, Schnelle, Guthrie, and L.T. Johnson to get a
feel for the debate on these issues.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
--