corpus-paul - Re: Christ's resurrection 'body'

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "moon-ryul jung" <moon AT saint.soongsil.ac.kr>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: Christ's resurrection 'body'
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 1:36:40

Dear Friends,

I am extremely interested in this thread on the nature of resurrection.
I would like to listen to others say about the issue. But when you talk
about the nature of resurrection, please consider 2 Tim 2:18:

"who have swerved from the truth by holding that the resurrection
is past already (LEGONTES THN ANASTASIN GEGONENAI). They are
upsetting the faith of some".

My question is this: If the nature of the resurrection in question
were understood as physical in the sense that the dead body which
might have been transformed to dust arises as a new physical body,
how could some have believed the claim that the resurrection was
already past? They did not have any evidence of physical
bodily resurrection.

Is the claim that the resurrection was already past the same
thing as the claim that there were no resurrection, which was
the issue at Corinth?

Moon

Moon-Ryul Jung
Assistant Professor