corpus-paul - Re: Pauline Authorship

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Chris Cutler" <Chrisc AT powercall.co.uk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pauline Authorship
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:38:28 +0100

Most of the questions about Pauline Authorship seem to centre around the
argument "because this piece of writing is inconsistent with undisputed
Pauline texts, it must have been written by someone else" (ie later)

An alternative explanation could be that they were indeed written by Paul,
but that he had 'borrowed' them from an earlier source.

Have any academics investigated this possibility, and if so, what did they
conclude?

Chris

Chris Cutler
"Auditeur Libre"

What liberates is the knowledge of who we were, what we became; where we
were, whereinto we have been thrown; whereto we speed, wherefrom we are
redeemmed; what birth is, and what rebirth." (Exc. Theod. 78.2)

  • Re: Pauline Authorship, Chris Cutler, 04/02/1999