compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] types of tea vs nutrient value

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Lewiswayne2 AT aol.com
  • To: jeff AT gardener.com ("Jeff Lowenfels"), Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] types of tea vs nutrient value
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:41:27 -0400

Lloyd and Jeff: I think the lesson here may be that Lloyd really needed a
"simple" bacterial tea which works with grasses, including wheat. Adding all
those other ingredients when molasses alone would work to stimulate a
bacterial bloom in the brewer, seems to be excessive, expensive and
unecessary. Maybe this is oversimplifying but I've always gotten incredible
bacterial counts using a combination of just Alaska humus and molasses. I've
had my tea tested just to be sure. I want to experiment soon with nutrients
that will increase the fungal reading, too. Thanks for the opportunity to
comment. This a a very informative and useful list serve! Wayne Lewis,
Anchorage.