compostteas - [Compostteas] Re: chloramine; was When is the brew finished?

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: GardenPT AT aol.com
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Re: chloramine; was When is the brew finished?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:48:51 EDT

Carole Eddington wrote:

In other parts of our county they not only
use chlorine, but chloramine, which I do not know that much about, but
understand it is harder to get rid of.

At a two-day symposium led by  Elaine, I asked her about the effect of chloramine on the organisms in tea, this because chloramine doesn't off-gas as does chlorine.

The response was less than helpful, to the effect that why would anyone use that in water.

The fact is that many municipalities do use chloramine.  So, we need an answer.

Jean, in Portland,OR,
where the city water is treated with chloramine