community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: project in western Uganda question

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Mark Summer <mark.summer AT inveneo.org>
  • To: tom poe <tompoe AT fiai.net>
  • Cc: Kristin Peterson <kristin.peterson AT inveneo.org>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Beatrice Begumisa <triceug AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: project in western Uganda question
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:45:04 -0700

Hi Tom,

I just got back from Africa yesterday evening. As for now the main focus is on creating the capacities required within the villages to use the computers to their full extend. The phone is of course very easy for the villagers to use, but most of them have not had much experience using computers and the Internet previously. In the next phase of the project (in about 2 to 3 month) ActionAid will introduce the content management system of our system to the end users. This allows the villagers to create their on content using a very easy interface. Once this phase will be on it's way we will be mirroring the content for the benefit of others.

What does your organization do ?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Summer