community_studios - [Community_studios] search results report

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] search results report
  • Date: 29 May 2005 17:32:02 -0700

The Creative Commons has done their thing with Yahoo!:
Go to http://search.yahoo.com/search/options and scroll down to the
section for Creative Commons.

When I type in "playlist", we come up in the top 10. Lucas is number 1.
When I add "playlist blues" we're number 1 and 4.

When I google "playlist blues" we're number 5. Still not too bad.

There's also some indication that Firefox will be adding the same
feature.

Creative Commons is all about reserving rights, and selling folks on the
need to retain noncommercial and attribution rights. Anatoly says, why
bother, when you can sell exclusive attribution rights, and become a
household name, without all the other nonsense. It's called Authoright,
and well worth the read: http://www.culturedialogue.org/authoright.shtml
Tom

  • [Community_studios] search results report, tom poe, 05/29/2005