community_studios - [Community_studios] the tv music portal is here

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] the tv music portal is here
  • Date: 11 May 2005 06:56:05 -0700

http://www.channel4.com/music/making-music/viewAllUserPages.jsp
Showcase Entries

We can all pat ourselves on the back, as it is official. Our model has
sprouted on Britain's channel 4, with a contest that has the winner
appear on tv. If you click on an artist, it goes to a brief bio/web
site link/playlist of songs page. They use a ratings thingy from 1 to
10, rather than send a vote.

I suppose we should consider if we can adjust our model to make it more
attractive for artists to sign up on our portal. Right now, it's all
geared to the listener. What do you think would be a good enticement?

Tom

  • [Community_studios] the tv music portal is here, tom poe, 05/11/2005